Saturday, October 4, 2008

Frida Kahlo Portrait of Dona Rosita Morillo painting

Frida Kahlo Portrait of Dona Rosita Morillo paintingFrida Kahlo Portrait of Diego Rivera paintingFrida Kahlo Naturaleza viva painting
Brideshead, who came Home to luncheon and talked to me on the subject - for the subject was everywhere in the house like a fire deep in the hold of a ship, below the water-line, black and red in the darkness, coming to in acrid wisps of smoke that oozed under hatches and billowed suddenly from the scuttles and air pipes - with Brideshead, I was in a strange world, a dead world to me, in a moon-landscape of barren lava, a high place of toiling lungs.
He said: ‘I hope it is dipsomania. That is simply a great misfortune that we must all help him bear. What I used to fear was that he just got drunk deliberately when he liked and because he liked.’
‘That’s exactly what he did - what we both did. It’s what he does with me now. I can keep him to that, if only your mother would trust me. If you worry him with keepers and cures he’ll be a physical wreck in a few years.’
‘There’s nothing wrong in being a physical wreck, you know

No comments: