Sunday, October 5, 2008

William Bouguereau Little Thieves painting

William Bouguereau Little Thieves painting
Alfred Gockel Wild Party I painting
Leonardo da Vinci Portrait of Ginevra de Benci painting
removed his trunks and valet to their house in London. Evidence was taken against Julia and me in my flat. A date was fixed for Brideshead’s, early in the Christmas s, so that his future step-children might take part.
One afternoon in November Julia and I stood at a window in the drawing-room watching the wind at work stripping the lime trees, sweeping down the yellow leaves, sweeping them up and round and along the terrace and lawns, trailing them through puddles and over the wet grass, pasting them on walls and window-panes, leaving them at length in sodden piles against the stonework.
‘We shan’t see them in spring,’ said Julia; ‘perhaps never again.’
‘Once before,’ I said, ‘I went away, thinking I should never return.’

No comments: