Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thomas Gainsborough Mr and Mrs Andrews painting

Thomas Gainsborough Mr and Mrs Andrews paintingSandro Botticelli Madonna and Child paintingSandro Botticelli La Primavera painting
understand.”“You have my twenty thousand?”“I have it right here.” Corky withdrew his right arm from the voluminous sleeve of the slicker, and reached to an interior pocket for the packet of cash, his second payment to Hokenberry.Even framed lawn used to be green. Bein’ fired by that son of a bitch is what ruined me.”“I thought you said Manheim gave you lots of severance pay?”“That was soul-buyin’ money, I now understand. Anyway, Manheim wasn’t man enough to fire me himself. He had his creepy guru do it.”“Ming du Lac.”“That’s the one. Ming, he takes me to, pours tea, which I’m polite enough to drink even if it tastes like piss.”“You’re a gentleman.”“We’re sittin’ at this table surrounded by roses, got this white lace cloth and fancy china—”by the snugly buttoned yellow collar of his slicker and the drooping yellow brim of his rain hat, Corky’s face must have revealed more of his contempt than he intended.Hokenberry’s bloodshot eyes blurred with self-pity, and his doughy face kneaded itself into more and deeper folds as he said, “I wasn’t always a sorry damn wreck, you know. Didn’t used to have [354] this gut. Shaved every day, cleaned up real nice. Front

No comments: