Wednesday, January 14, 2009

George Bellows Dempsey and Firpo

George Bellows Dempsey and FirpoCaravaggio The Sacrifice of IsaacCaravaggio The Musicians
went to the doorway and bowed again.
The priest said something, and Balthamos murmured, "He's asking where you come from. Say whatever you like."
"I speak English," Will said slowly and clearly. "I don't know any other languages."
"Ah, English!" cried the were shy.
The priest led him into a parlor heavy with tobacco smoke, where a cast-iron samovar steamed quietly on a side table.
"What was your name?" said the priest. "Tell me again."
"Will Parry. But I don't know what to call you."priest gleefully in English. "My dear young man! Welcome to our village, our little no-longer-perpendicular Kholodnoye! What is your name, and where are you going?""My name is Will, and I'm going south. I have lost my family, and I'm trying to find them again.""Then you must come inside and have some refreshment," said the priest, and put a heavy arm around Will's shoulders, pulling him in through the doorway.The man's crow daemon was showing a vivid interest in Balthamos. But the angel was equal to that: he became a mouse and crept into Will's shirt as if he

No comments: